Indian digital well being startup CureBay has raised INR 50 million ($6 million) in a Collection A funding spherical led by Elevar Fairness.
WHAT IT DOES
Established final 12 months, CureBay permits last-mile entry to main healthcare providers by means of its hybrid care mannequin. It runs a expertise platform and a community of e-clinics that gives a spread of providers, together with appointment scheduling, teleconsultations, medication supply, diagnostic take a look at and hospital admission reserving and concierge providers.
WHAT IT’S FOR
At current, it has a community of 15 e-clinics throughout the state of Odisha. With its recent funding, it may possibly now pursue its plan of opening 100 extra e-clinics within the subsequent 12 months. It additionally intends to rent extra workers, increase to new areas, and additional strengthen its platform and care supply mannequin.
WHY IT MATTERS
India is presently going through a scarcity in its healthcare workforce, having just one physician seeing 12,000 folks – which is way from the really helpful ratio of 1 physician per 1,000 inhabitants by the World Well being Group.
Moreover that, solely 28% of the Indian inhabitants has entry to medical doctors, hospitals, and beds in main cities, leaving the remaining 72% in semi-urban and rural areas with only a few sources of healthcare.
CureBay seeks to bridge this hole by means of its hybrid mannequin. It assists walk-in sufferers in connecting with city-based medical doctors through telemedicine and gives entry to a community of diagnostic laboratories and hospitals. It will probably additionally ship prescribed medicines by means of its e-clinics.
“Our hybrid mannequin helps in overcoming the challenges of skewed patient-provider ratios and the focus of suppliers in a couple of city pockets,” mentioned CEO and founder Priyadarshi Mohapatra.
Well being tech startups in India proceed to draw world and native investments. This newest investing spherical by CureBay follows not too long ago closed rounds by Eka Care, Zyla, Truemeds, and MediBuddy.
Two tech-driven derma startups, Clinikally and CureSkin, and the psychological well being app heyy additionally scooped up fundings this 12 months.