The Los Angeles Chargers journey to Houston to tackle the Texans in Week 4. The Texans are nonetheless searching for their first win of the season, having dropped their previous two video games after a tie to start the yr. The Chargers are 1-2 and want a win to maintain tempo with the two-win Chiefs and Broncos within the AFC West. The Chargers are banged up, with star edge rusher Joey Bosa out for a number of weeks with an damage and beginning left deal with Rashawn Slater out for the yr. The lack of Slater may spell hassle, since quarterback Justin Herbert is already coping with a rib damage. The Chargers and Texans kick off in Houston at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) on CBS.
The sport will probably be proven on CBS within the Los Angeles and Houston areas (in line with 506 Sports activities) on, however there could also be circumstances the place you are blocked due to an web location glitch or simply need an added layer of privateness for streaming. There’s an choice that does not require subscribing to one thing like or , or looking the web for a sketchy web site: You should utilize a digital non-public community, or .
Here’s how you can watch the game from anywhere in the US with a VPN.
Chargers vs. Texans: When and where?
For Week 4 of the NFL season, the Texans are hosting the Chargers at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT). The game is set to take place in Houston at NRG Stadium.
How to watch the Chargers vs. Texans game online from anywhere using a VPN
If you find yourself unable to view the game locally due to, you may need a different way to watch the game and that’s where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to stop your ISP from throttling your speeds on game day by encrypting your traffic, plus it’s a great idea for when you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network, and you want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and logins.
With a VPN, you’re able to virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to get access to the game. So if your internet provider or mobile carrier has stuck you with an IP address that incorrectly shows your location in a blackout zone, a VPN can correct that problem by giving you an IP address in your correct, nonblackout area. Most VPNs, like our, make it really easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US and Canada, as long as you’ve got a legitimate subscription to the service you’re streaming. You should be sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: Even where VPNs are legal, the streaming service may terminate the account of anyone it deems to be circumventing correctly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other greattaking place right now.
ExpressVPN is our current best VPN pick for people who want a reliable and safe VPN, and it works on a variety of devices. It’s normally $13 per month, and you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% plus get three months of access for free — the equivalent of $6.67 per month — if you get an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Livestream the Chargers vs. Texans game in the US
This week’s Chargers-Texans game is on CBS, so in addition to a VPN you’ll need athat carries a local CBS affiliate that is broadcasting the game. The least expensive such service is Paramount Plus. You’ll need to be subscribed to Paramount Plus’ Essential or Premium plans to be able to watch the game (or an older “limited commercials” plan), and you’ll need to switch your VPN to the Los Angeles or Houston areas.
Paramount Plus has two main options: Essential for $5 per month ($50 per year if paying annually) and Premium for $10 per month ($100 per year if paying annually). Both offer live NFL games, though the cheaper Essential option lacks live CBS feeds, ad-free content for on-demand streaming or the ability to download shows to watch offline later.
Since either option works for the NFL games, if all you want is football, the cheaper Essential option would be the way to go.
Read our Paramount Plus review.
Numerous othercarry local CBS stations as well, namely YouTube TV, Hulu Plus Live TV, DirecTV Stream and FuboTV. They all cost more than Paramount Plus, but they also carry more channels, including football-specific channels like Fox, ESPN, NFL Network and/or RedZone. Check out our for details.
Quick tips for streaming Chargers vs. Texans using a VPN
- With four variables at play — your ISP, video streaming provider, browser and VPN — experience and success may vary.
- ExpressVPN offers a server in Los Angeles, so that’s where you should set your location.
- If you don’t see your desired location as a default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search for city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after you’ve turned on your VPN and set it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file with your account. Second, some smart TVs — like Roku — don’t have VPN apps you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll have to install the VPN on your router or the mobile hotspot you’re using (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with smart TV services, after you install a cable network’s sports app, you’ll be asked to verify a numeric code or click a link sent to your email address on file for your smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, since both devices will appear to be in the correct location.
- And remember, browsers can often give away a location despite using a VPN, so be sure you’re using a privacy-first browser to log into your services. We normally recommend .