Netflix, for years, was notoriously tight-lipped about its viewership. However after a couple of years of dropping stats for a few of its programming, Netflix launched an internet site in mid-November posting charts of its hottest exhibits and flicks from the previous week, in addition to a worldwide rating of its.
The charts, that are up to date each week and ranked by the, symbolize an unprecedented trove of knowledge about what’s well-liked on Netflix. The location particulars the most well-liked titles within the final week not solely globally but in addition for greater than 90 international locations. And it is meant to assist subscribers such as you get a greater sense of the most important hits on the world’s largest subscription streaming service, within the hopes you may uncover one thing new to look at.
The corporate updates its weekly “Prime 10 on Netflix” each Tuesday, primarily based on hours seen from Monday via Sunday the earlier week for authentic and licensed titles. The rankings are damaged down into prime 10 charts for movies in English, TV in English, movies in non-English languages and TV in non-English languages.
A rating of all-time most watched titles additionally lives on the location, detailing exhibits which have essentially the most viewing hours of their first 28 days of launch. If a brand new season releases its episodes in two elements on completely different dates, Netflix counts the watch time of the primary quantity’s episodes for his or her first 28 days, then it counts the watch time of the second quantity’s episodes for his or her first 28 days. These all-time rankings are additionally up to date each Tuesday, at any time when any applications make it into the charts through the week prior.
Netflix’s greatest hit TV exhibits, ranked
The next are Netflix’s most watched sequence, primarily based on Netflix’s personal reporting of whole hours seen within the first 28 days of every titles’ launch. Once more, if a brand new season releases its episodes in two volumes on completely different dates, Netflix counts the watch time of the primary quantity’s episodes for his or her first 28 days, then it counts the watch time of the second quantity’s episodes for his or her first 28 days.
Any adjustments within the rankings from the earlier week are in daring textual content.
- (season 1), a Korean survival thriller — 1.65 billion hours.
- Stranger Issues (season 4), a retro sci-fi sequence — 1.35 billion hours.
- Cash Heist (half 5), a Spanish-language thriller — 792.2 million hours.
- Bridgerton (season 2), a interval romance — 656.3 million hours.
- Bridgerton (season 1) — 625.5 million hours.
- Cash Heist (half 4) — 619 million hours.
- Stranger Issues (season 3), a retro sci-fi sequence — 582.1 million hours.
- Lucifer (season 5), a fantasy police procedural — 569.5 million hours.
- All of Us Are Useless, a Korean zombie thriller going down in a highschool — 560.8 million hours.
- The Witcher (season 1), a fantasy present — 541 million hours.
- Inventing Anna, a true-crime restricted sequence a few pretend socialite — 511.9 million hours
- 13 Causes Why (season 2), a controversial teen drama — 496.1 million hours.
- Ozark (season 4), against the law drama sequence — 491.1 million hours.
- The Witcher (season 2) — 484.3 million hours.
Different high-ranking exhibits:
- 13 Causes Why (season 1) — 475.6 million hours
- Maid, a restricted sequence a few younger mom fleeing abuse — 469.1 million hours.
- You (season 3), a psychological thriller — 467.8 million hours.
- You (season 2) — 457.4 million hours.
- Stranger Issues (season 2) — 427.4 million hours.
- Cash Heist (half 3) — 426.4 million hours.
- Intercourse Training (season 3), a British teen dramedy — 419 million hours.
- Cash Heist (half 5) — 395.1 million hours.
- Ginny & Georgia (season 1), a dramedy a few younger mother and youngsters — 381 million hours.
- Extraordinary Legal professional Woo (season 1), a South Korean authorized drama — 402.5 million hours.
- Café con Aroma de Mujer (season 1), a Colombian telenovela — 326.9 million hours.
- Lupin (half 1), a French heist present — 316.8 million hours.
- Elite (season 3), a Spanish teen drama — 275.3 million hours.
- Who Killed Sara? (season 1), a Mexican thriller thriller — 266.4 million hours.
- Elite (season 4) — 257.1 million hours.
- The Queen of Move (season 2), a musical Colombian telenovela — 230.3 million hours.
- Lupin (half 2) — 214.1 million hours.
- Darkish Want (season 1), a Mexican dramatic thriller — 213 million hours.
Netflix’s greatest hit motion pictures, ranked
The next are Netflix’s most watched motion pictures, primarily based on Netflix’s personal reporting of whole hours seen within the first 28 days of every titles’ launch. Any adjustments are in daring textual content.
- Crimson Discover, an motion film starring Dwayne Johnson, Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds — 364 million hours.
- Do not Look Up, a darkish comedy with a star-packed forged — 359.8 million hours.
- Hen Field, a post-apocalyptic film starring Sandra Bullock — 282 million hours.
- The Grey Man, a CIA motion thriller — 253.9 million hours.
- The Adam Mission, a sci-fi journey comedy — 233.2 million hours.
- Extraction, an motion film starring Chris Hemsworth — 231.3 million hours.
- Purple Hearts, a romantic drama a few musician marrying a Marine — 228.7 million hours.
- The Unforgivable, a drama a few girl rebuilding her life after jail — 214.7 million hours.
- The Irishman, a interval Mafia epic directed by Martin Scorsese– 214.6 million hours.
- The Kissing Sales space 2, a teen rom-com sequel — 209.3 million hours.
Former top-ranking motion pictures which were bumped out of Netflix’s official all-time charts:
- 6 Underground, a Michael Bay explosion-fest starring Ryan Reynolds — 205.5 million hours.
- Spenser Confidential, an action-comedy starring Mark Wahlberg — 197.3 million hours.
- Enola Holmes, a interval detective movie — 189.9 million hours.
- Military of the Useless, a heist set in a zombie apocalypse — 187 million hours.
- The Outdated Guard, an action-thriller starring Charlize Theron — 186 million hours.
- Homicide Thriller, a comedy starring Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston — 170 million hours.
Netflix seems to have by no means launched a non-English-language movie that generated sufficient viewing hours to make it into an total top-watched rating. However further broadly watched non-English language motion pictures on Netflix have included:
- Blood Crimson Sky, a German/British motion horror movie set throughout a airplane hijacking — 110.5 million hours.
- The Platform, a Spanish social commentary wrapped in a horror movie — 108.1 million hours.
- Black Crab, a Swedish apocalyptic conflict thriller starring Noomi Rapace — 94.1 million hours.
- Via My Window, a Spanish teen romance — 92.4 million hours.
- The Takedown, a French cop comedy — 78.6 million hours.
- Under Zero, a Spanish motion thriller a few breakout from a jail transport automobile — 78.3 million hours.
- Rogue Metropolis, a French motion thriller about an unorthodox staff of cops — 66.6 million hours.
- Carter, a South Korean motion thriller a few man who wakes up with no reminiscences and a voice in his ear — 65.4 million hours.
- Loving Adults, a Danish thriller about an extramarital affair — 64.9 million
- The Forgotten Battle, a Dutch World Conflict II movie — 60.9 million hours.
Former top-ranking non-English motion pictures which were bumped out of the non-English prime 10 embrace:
- Stressed, a French motion thriller — 59.1 million hours.
- Misplaced Bullet, like a Quick & Livid film however French — 58.3 million hours
- Spoiled Brats, a French comedy about wealthy siblings tricked into incomes their very own residing — 56.9 million hours.
- #Alive, a South Korean film a few gamer’s bid to outlive the zombie apocalypse — 54.6 million hours.
- House Sweepers, a South Korean house western with a weaponized child-android — 53.3 million hours
- The Final Mercenary, a French motion film starring Jean-Claude Van Damme — 52.1 million hours.
- Simply One other Christmas, a Brazilian Christmas comedy — 48 million hours.