After introducing the Chevrolet Silverado EV and Blazer EV this yr, Chevrolet’s blitz of electrical car rollouts continues with a 3rd introduction: the 2024 Equinox EV all-electric SUV.
“We’re at a turning level the place EVs would be the mainstream selection for the subsequent technology of shoppers and Equinox EV will lead this cost for us,” stated Mary Barra, chair and CEO of Normal Motors in an announcement. “With the flexibleness of GM’s Ultium Platform, we’re bringing to market automobiles at practically each worth level and for each goal.”
With a beginning worth of $30,000 on the 1LT, the Equinox EV rounds out an electrified portfolio that covers all main segments, together with full-size vans (Silverado EV), midsize SUVs (Blazer EV), and compact SUVs (Bolt EV and Bolt EUV). It can even be accessible with as much as an accessible GM-estimated 300 miles of vary on a full cost.
“Chevrolet is now positioned to supply a wide selection of EVs,” added Scott Bell, vp of Chevrolet. “We all know truck and SUV clients higher than anybody and we’ve channeled that perception and expertise into our new EVs.”
Along with the Ultium-based propulsion applied sciences, options embrace a big infotainment display — together with an accessible 17.7-inch-diagonal system — normal and accessible driver help applied sciences, and accessible Tremendous Cruise hands-free driver help know-how for suitable roads, when in comparison with the present Equinox.
Clients have entry to Ultium Cost 360, with entry to about 110,000 public charging factors within the U.S. and Canada.
- Chevy Security Help, which incorporates Computerized Emergency Braking, Following Distance Indicator, Ahead Collision Alert, Entrance Pedestrian Braking, Lane Hold Help with Lane Departure Warning, and IntelliBeam automated excessive beams.
- Rear Park Help
- Reverse Computerized Braking
- Security Alert Seat
- Rear Cross Site visitors Braking
- Blind Zone Steering Help
Obtainable driver help applied sciences embrace adaptive cruise management and HD encompass imaginative and prescient, with a head-up show, rear digicam mirror, and tremendous cruise hands-free driver-assistance know-how.
Equinox EV Charging Know-how
- Normal 11.5 kW Degree 2 (AC) charging, including as much as 34 miles of vary per hour of charging.
- 19.2 kW Degree 2 (AC) charging is on the market on 3RS eAWD, which may add as much as 51 miles of vary per hour of charging.
- Normal DC fast-charging functionality of as much as 150 kW, which allows roughly 70 miles of vary to be added in about 10 minutes.
- A typical front-wheel-drive system with GM estimated 210 horsepower and 242 lb-ft of torque with a 290-horsepower and 346 lb-ft torque eAWD system can be found.
- One-Pedal Driving is normal and permits the Equinox EV to speed up and sluggish to a full cease, utilizing solely the accelerator. It’s paired with regenerative braking, which may convert the kinetic power of the car’s ahead momentum into electrical energy that’s saved within the battery pack to maximise the driving vary.
EV Propulsion Techniques and Estimated Vary
2LT & 3LT
2RS & 3RS
Obtainable for Fleet and Retail Clients
As with the brand new Blazer EV and Silverado EV, the Equinox EV additionally gives fleet clients the advantages of zero-emissions driving, zero gasoline stops, and the chance for decreased upkeep.
“Chevy’s fleet clients have EV objectives, and the all-new Equinox EV helps obtain them,” stated Bell. “With some placing greater than 20,000 miles a yr on their automobiles, it might probably assist them save time on the pump and gasoline cash.”
The 2024 Chevrolet Equinox EV will likely be accessible in fall 2023, beginning with a restricted version 2RS. Extra particulars and ordering info will likely be accessible nearer to the beginning of manufacturing. The Equinox EV will likely be produced at GM’s Ramos Arizpe, Mexico, manufacturing facility.